Poradniki online dating speed dating daytona beach
Kielce was mentioned in medieval documents for the first time in 1212 and obtained a city charter sometime before the year 1295.
In the 13th century, Tatar raids on Poland destroyed the city completely, but it was soon rebuilt and surrounded by a high defensive wall, equipped with firing slots for archers.
They needed a place to trade furs and meat for grain and other necessary products, and so the market of Kielce was formed.
In the early 12th century the new settlement became a property of the Bishops of Kraków, who built a wooden church and a manor.
The lands of Wiślanie were at first subdued by Bohemia, however they soon came under the control of the Piast dynasty and became a part of Poland.
According to a local legend, Mieszko, son of Boleslaus II of Poland dreamt he was attacked by a band of brigands in a forest.
Under the influence of Vincent Kadłubek, a parish school was established in the town.
It is one of the very few examples of French Renaissance architecture in Poland and the only example of a magnate's manor from the times of Vasa dynasty to survive World War II.
During The Deluge the town was pillaged and burnt by the Swedes.
During World War II, Kielce was the site of German Nazi atrocities and executions carried out on the Jewish population in the ghetto.
After the war the city saw an outbreak of violence against the Jewish community, Kielce was once an important centre of limestone mining and the vicinity is famous for its natural resources like copper, lead and iron, which, over the centuries, were exploited on a large scale.He also discovered huge white tusks of an unknown animal.